UPDATE: Arrest made in near-fatal Shreveport shooting

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 3:47pm

Update (4:49 pm): Shreveport police released the following information:

Authorities have arrested a local man following a shooting that left another man injured.

On September 21, 2012, at approximately 1:08 p.m., Shreveport Police Patrol Officers responded to a shooting in the 2900 block of Fulton Street. On officers’ arrival there, they located a male victim suffering from a single gunshot wound to the upper body. The victim was subsequently transported to LSUHSC with what has been described as non-life threatening injuries.

Detectives and Crime Scene Investigators quickly arrived on scene and began their query. In speaking with detectives, the victim initially stated that he and a friend, identified as 18 year old Jerry Jones of the 2700 block of Lindholm Street in Shreveport, were walking down the street when two unknown suspects attempted to rob them.

During the attack, Jones and the victim advised that one of the male suspects fired a gun striking the victim. Upon further investigation, it was learned that Jones and the victim were at a home in the 2900 block of Fulton Street playing with a gun when it discharged striking the victim.

For his alleged role in the shooting, Jones was subsequently arrested and charged with illegal use of a weapon and booked in the Shreveport City Jail. As the investigation continues, investigators are working to see what if any charges will be filed against the victim.

Update (4:44 pm): Shreveport police tell KMSS they have made an arrest in connection with the Fulton Street shooting.

The name of the individual has not yet been released.

Original Story: Authorities are on the scene of a near-fatal shooting in Shreveport Friday afternoon.

According to Cpl. Marcus Hines, Shreveport police officers were dispatched to the 2900 block of Fulton Street to reports of a shooting. When they arrived on scene, they discovered a man had allegedly been shot by two gunmen. He was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries.

Witnesses tell law enforcement  two men ran from a house following gunfire. Authorities are currently scouring the neighborhood for the shooters, but have not made any arrests.

The bullet that hit the victim traveled through his hand and into his chest. As of 2:15 p.m., he is in stable condition.

If you have any information on this alleged crime, please contact your local authorities.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment