Shreveport (KMSS) — Crews put out a two-alarm fire in Shreveport that broke out overnight.
The fire torched an abandoned apartment building.
Investigators found no electric wiring in the property.
Assistant Fire Chief Fred Sanders say squatters may have set the place on fire since it was not secured properly.
"Our recommendation to property owners who have vacant or abandoned properties is to secure those properties. If the property is vacant and they have intentions of renting it out, they should keep that property well lit, clean...and that may prevent individuals from entering their property."
The fire department says the fire is suspicious, but there was no one inside the building when they got there.
Bia Roldan is the general assignment reporter for KMSS. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter: @biaritzroldan