Shreveport house gutted by fire

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 - 3:47pm

A blaze gutted a house this afternoon in the 1000 block of Rutherford Street in the Highland neighborhood.

According to fire department spokesperson Chief Fred Sanders, the fire started is believed to have started in the bathroom of the wood frame home.

The two people inside, one a woman in a wheelchair, escaped as the fire intensified.

It took crews about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

No one injured during the fire.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment