SFD calling grease fire a "close call"

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 8:08pm

Just after midnight Thursday, Shreveport Fire were called to the 1800 block of Clay St., in the city's Allendale neighborhood, to respond to what is believed to be a grease fire.

When they arrived, minutes late, smoke was already coming out of two sides of the house. Despite the smoke and flames, fire fighters entered the house, trying to salvage whatever possible.

While inside the house, part of the roof started to collapse. Thanks to quick action, all of the fire fighters involved were able to escape the house without any injuries.

The department plans to use this fire to study what to do in other "close call" situations.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment