BPCC now accepting applications for Spring term
Bossier Parish, La — Bossier Parish Community College is now accepting applications for the Spring 2013 term. Anyone interested in applying to the College can do so by applying online at www.bpcc.edu/applynow.
General on-site registration is scheduled for Wednesday, January 9, 2013; however, those interested can apply early in order to register for classes prior to on-site registration. Registering early gives individuals a better opportunity for classes or times they may desire.
As the fastest growing community college in the nation, BPCC’s most recent accomplishments include:
· Fall 2012 enrollment reached 7,900 – highest in 45-year history
· Cyber program – accredited with all six CNSS certifications as well as designated a National Center of Academic Excellence 2-Year Education
· Transfer agreements with 4-year schools – allowing for seamless transfers for students
o (i.e. engineering graduates can transfer to Louisiana Tech as a junior into any of Tech’s engineering programs)
· Named to 2013 Military-Friendly Schools list – one of top 15% of schools to make list
· Named lead in a $14.7 million grant to promote the development of programs in healthcare information technology and cyber security/networking
Bossier Parish Community College will be soon home to a new $22 million training facility for Benteler Steel/Tube of Germany’s--Louisiana plant to be located at The Port of Caddo-Bossier. This facility will house BPCC’s programs in manufacturing, oil & gas, engineering, energy and construction.
BPCC offers associate degrees in six academic divisions: Behavioral & Social Sciences; Business; Communication & Performing Arts; Liberal Arts; Science, Nursing & Allied Health; and Technology, Engineering & Mathematics. Technical diplomas, certificates and technical competency areas are also available in each of these divisions.
For more information on any of the College’s programs, visit www.bpcc.edu or contact the Office of Public Relations at (318) 678-6031.