Electrical fire sparks evacuation of students, faculty at Sci-Port Discovery Center

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:16am

An electrical fire this morning prompted an evacuation of the Sci-Port Discovery Center in Shreveport.

The fire sparked at around 10:15 a.m. in an upstairs exhibit. Fire crews quickly responded to the 800 block of Clyde Fant Parkway and extinguished the flames in minutes.

About 1,000 kids and teachers from area high schools and elementary schools were able to get out the building without harm, according to the President of Sci-Port, Ann Fumarolo .

Traffic is currently being slowed on Lake Street.

Fumarolo tells KMSS this is the first complete evacuation in the center's 15 years of existence.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment