6 arrested in math lub bust
Six people are charged with operating a meth lab in south Caddo Parish, said Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator and Police Chief Willie Shaw.
Police began investigating after a woman receiving treatment at a local hospital was found with 47 grams of suspected methamphetamine. The investigation led authorities to the 9600 block of Darrel Street in Shreveport where the Caddo-Shreveport Narcotics Task Force and Caddo Constables Office discovered several working labs inside a trailer. There were also two children present, ages 8 and 11.
Those arrested and their charges were:
• Derrick Lee Caffey, 36, of 9661 Darrell Ave. in Shreveport, possession of meth, creation of a clandestine lab, possession of drug paraphernalia; cruelty to juveniles;
• Christopher D. Caffey Jr., 21, of 9661 Darrell Ave., same as above;
• Alicia D. Caffey, 57, of 9661 Darrell Ave., same as above;
• Christopher D. Caffey Sr., 42, of 9661 Darrell Ave., same as above;
• Jessica Lynn Antley, 24, of the 5600 block of Jennifer in Bossier City, possession of meth with intent to distribute; and
• Wayne Rice, 35, of the 6500 block of Hwy. 1 in Shreveport, possession of meth with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana - second offense, public intimidation of an officer, in-state fugitive.
All were booked into the Caddo Correctional Center except Christopher D. Caffey Sr., who was booked into the Shreveport City Jail.
From Caddo Sheriff's Office